Bacon is beloved by almost everyone around the world. So, when we saw this amazing video our mouths were watering instantly!
We here at SFG can't get enough of this sweet, sweet bacon footage. We all know bacon is delicious and can do no wrong, but after some research we were shocked to discover a number of bacon facts we never knew about. Once we found them, we knew we had to share some of them with our bacon-loving public.
The following facts were found on BaconToday's website:
- Bacon has been around since 1500 B.C.
- New York and Los Angeles are the top two bacon consuming cities in the U.S.
- Americans enjoy belly bacon. Canadians grub on loin bacon (the back). And our friends across the pond in England prefer shoulder and ham bacon.
- There are a number of different bacon-flavored alcoholic beverages around the world (Vodka, Beer, Bourbon, etc.)
- The average American eats 17.9 pounds of bacon every year!
As we previously mentioned, we absolutely love anything bacon-related. But we'd like to know how you felt about this? Are there any other bacon tricks you'd like to share? Please leave your thoughts, tricks and tips in the comment section below.